Blogs > Life's Phases

Our lives are composed of a series of phases. They vary with the individual but usually involve childhood, high school, college for some and then a number of career changes. So, let's talk about life in this blog, it's a wide open subject!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Saying Good Buy

This is harder than I ever imagined to say but I want to let all my readers know that this is my last blog as The Oakland Press Opinion Page editor.

I was told that it was a corporate decision to eliminate Opinion Page editors in Michigan and Ohio.

I want to thank all of you for following me. Please look for my personal blog that I will establish in September.

3 Comments:

Blogger vwest said...

You will be missed Al! We're so sorry to see you go. You were such a wonderful person to work with and kept our spirits high in the office. Please keep in touch!

August 5, 2011 at 1:58 PM 
Blogger Stephen Frye said...

Best wishes, Al. You are a gentleman and a real newsman. We look forward to seeing you succeed in your future endeavors.

August 5, 2011 at 2:58 PM 
Blogger Hugh McDiarmid Jr. said...

Damn crappy news Al. You were definitely one of the good guys. I would have to imagine this fall under the saying that bean counters know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Their loss, as well as a loss to readers.....

Hugh

August 12, 2011 at 1:10 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home